Bots can be added to Telegram channels in the same way as normal users, but they can only be added by the channel’s administrator.
To add the @web3_domain_bot to a Telegram channel or group, you will need to have administrator privileges for that channel or group. Here’s how you can add the bot:
- Open the Telegram app and search for “@web3_domain_bot”.
- Click on the bot’s name to open a private chat with it.
- In the chat, click the three dots in the top right corner and select “Add to Group” or “Add to Channel” (depending on whether you want to add the bot to a group or channel).
- Select the channel or group you want to add the bot to from the list.
- The bot will now be added to the selected channel or group.
By adding the @web3_domain_bot to a channel or group, you can use its various commands to retrieve information about Web3 Domains and perform other tasks related to Web3 Domains.
Once a bot is added to a channel, any user in the channel can use it to get domain information by typing a message followed by the “/info” command.
For example, if a user wants to verify the identity of an administrator named “jack” in a channel for a company called “demo”, they can type “/info jack.demo” to get information about the “jack.demo” domain.
This domain is controlled by the “demo” company and cannot be minted by the public. The records for the domain are stored on a decentralized server and exist on the blockchain, and can only be modified or transferred by the wallet owner.